IHC is pleased to offer a free online training series in Value-Based Payment (VBP) for clinics across Idaho. Developed in partnership with Boise State, these introductory training modules will be live on the IHC website as a resource for Idaho health professionals to assist in their transformation process at their own pace and schedule. A non-credit Training Badge is awarded upon completion.
After creating your Member Portal login, you can login directly from the IHC homepage. For questions or troubleshooting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants of this course can expect the following:
- A thorough introduction to the origin and evolution of value-based programs, along with key characteristics.
- An explanation of the CMS Quality Payment Program (QPP), Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs).
- An overview of collecting and reporting performance data, differentiating types of data, and identifying the characteristics of quality data.
- Identification of systemic changes necessary for value-based care – such as change management, population health management, care management and coordination as well as integrated services and continuity of care.
- Identification of workflow considerations and roles of clinic staff in value-based care.
This training series reflects Boise State’s increased commitment to Value-Based Care. A certification program, currently in development at the College of Health Sciences, will offer more in-depth training opportunities on value-based healthcare. You can learn more about the Value-Based Healthcare certificate program here.